When the Society for Cultural Anthropology decided to transition its flagship journal to an online, open-access publication, it also hoped to find a way of continuing to provide a print version of Cultural Anthropology. With the development of print-on-demand production and distribution services, this has become a possibility. Print copies of Cultural Anthropology, starting with volume 29 (2014), are now available for purchase from a number of online retailers. We have set the suggested retail price low ($12.95) to make issues affordable. Each issue will be available for purchase for twelve months after its initial publication date. Proceeds from the sale of print-on-demand copies of the journal help to support the society's mission, including the continued publication of the digital, open-access version of Cultural Anthropology.
Availability as of September 1:
- 29.1 (February 2014): Adlibris, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, Book Depository
- 29.2 (May 2014): Adlibris, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, Book Depository
- 29.3 (August 2014): Adlibris, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million
Librarians interested in obtaining print copies of the journal should inquire with their book (not serials) acquisitions services, including Ingram, YBP, Baker & Taylor, NACSCORP, Coutts, Gardners, and Mallory International.
- ISBN-13 for 29.1 (February 2014): 978-0982676783
- ISBN-13 for 29.2 (May 2014): 978-1931303361
- ISBN-13 for 29.3 (August 2014): 978-1931303378